Currently known as Ermita de San Roque, this small hermitage was erected in the thirteenth century (1240), by the knights of the Order of the Temple, with the name of San Blas, later San Mateo, thus becoming the oldest historic building.
San Roque Chapel
For its construction, the knights of the Order of the Temple chose the legendary location of Venta del Buey, as a result of the development of agricultural wealth, to control the Camino Real to the current Belalcázar, as well as other roads leading to the Alcudia Valley and the Camino de Lares.
The interior has a single nave supported by three enormous pointed arches and a wooden ceiling. The apse with a square chancel closed with ribbed vaults is decorated with fresco paintings.
Later, in the 18th century, a porch on columns and semicircular arches was added to the west façade.